Congregation Beth Torah’s Social Action is about tikkun olam (repairing the world) which is one of the most important ways to actively live a Jewish life. For questions about this group and/or their events, contact Social Action Chair, Ruben Granado, at email@example.com.
Congregation Beth Torah and Network of Community Ministries Join Hands to Improve the Lives and Welfare of the Richardson Community
The Social Action Committee presents very good news to our congregation…based on your input in response to Rabbi Zelony’s call to action on Yom Kippur 2018…a special sub-committee has selected The Network of Community Ministries as our strategic social action partner.
To learn more about Network of Community Ministries, join them the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 11:30 AM to 1PM for A Taste of Network. You can meet their CEO and Senior Staff to learn about their programs and take a tour to see firsthand how they help our neighbors. No reservation required. Just take your lunch and go ready to have some fun and learn all about Network. Need directions? Click here.As we organize our efforts you will receive more input regarding how we might support the Network. However, based on our discussions with the leaders of the Network, we find that there are things we can do immediately to support their most urgent needs:
- Help fund-raise to purchase a refrigerator truck for the transport of meat and produce from donating supermarkets. We will not ask for donations from congregants. We will assist Network in their fund-raising efforts.
- Conduct clothing drive for teen and young adult clothes
- Organize and govern continuous food drive
- Provide pro bono services such as dental services, resume writing, etc. Any professional who can is encouraged to help on a monthly or other regular periodic basis, after hours.
- Volunteer on-site during the week within The Network’s hours of operation