(Please note that there is a $1/per ticket additional cost for purchasing with PayPal / Credit Card)
Beth Torah Men’s Club pursues three goals — enhance synagogue life, serve the synagogue and the community — and hang out together. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- We usher at High Holiday services (volunteer now), build the synagogue sukkah (volunteer now), spearhead an annual Men’s Club Shabbat, and lay tefillin together with our children at the World Wide Wrap.
- Our monthly lox-and-bagel Sunday breakfast features terrific speakers on sports, media, arts, Jewish issues and other subjects.
- We commemorate the Holocaust each year by distributing memorial candles and hosting a community-wide event called Reading of the Names. Click here to find out more about this annual event.
- Our other activities include bowling days, movie nights, flipping pancakes for Learning Center students, and pitching in on many synagogue programs where others take the lead. We cater Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for groups of less fortunate Dallasites, and take part in more mitzvah programs during the year.
- On a less formal basis, we get together to go to sports events, watch the ones we can’t afford on TV, smoke cigars and sample Scotch. Every now and then on short notice we meet up for pizza.
Not to brag, but we seem to be pretty good at this. For the past ten consecutive years, the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs has honored us with the International Quality Chapter Award.
All of our activities are open to everyone — every age, background and gender. But we hope you’ll become a member. Dues are $36 a year, but for new synagogue members, the first year is free. Men’s Club can be a great vehicle to blend in and become active in the synagogue and an even better way to build bonds that last a lifetime.